Sign in to follow this  
westyy

Silverstone - Report.

Hi, 

After battling side-by-side for laps, it became clear fustrations was running high & every lap the overtake attempt was getting more aggressive per lap. As you can see from the video below, I was clearly in front & @smu3l3y did not turn in early enough, therefore resulting in me being spun.

Rexxy and myself will look into this.

After looking at the incident we came to the following conclusion:

After both cars were nearly side by side at the start of the straight, Westyy started to gain an advantage when they came closer to T1. It isn't fully visible on the footage but we have to assume that at the turn in point @westyy has not cleared @smu3l3y yet and their rear / front wheel are more or less aligned. That means both have the right to maintain this formation throughout the corner.

Now the incident happens because Smu3l3y runs out of room at the apex and touches Westyy's rear. If Smu3l3y had turned in a bit earlier that would not have happened. I think all of us are aware that we're all not professional racing drivers though, so to miss the apex by a couple inches, like Smu3l3y did, happens. Leader and I think that everyone knows about the risk going with two cars into that corner. Westyy definitely gave enough room in this case, so he isn't to blame,  but it took just a minor mistake from Smu3l3y at that point to make the whole thing go wrong.

Therefor we give Smu3l3y a warning for incautious driving.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.